Hospitalist Jobs in Ohio
Sunday · December 10, 2023
1 Job in The Buckeye State
Photo: A historic steamboat travels down the Ohio River near Cincinnati.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Circleville) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Enhanced Leadership Development and Training through Cogent Academy, our National Mentoring Program instructed by our widely recognized industry leaders.
- Serve in a partnership role with the Cogent Program Manager in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Stipend Available.
- Berger Health Sstem is a countywide healthcare system of inpatinet and outpaitient services, anchored by 94-bed Berger Hospital, which serves seven central Ohio counties.
- Located 25 miles from downtown Columbus OH home of the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Berger Hospital has approximately 4,000 inpatient admissions and 30,000 Emergency Room visits annually.
- Advocate for and support of all existing standardized Cogent processes, tools, services.
- CME and Relocation Allowance.
- Work one block of nights roughly every 6 weeks or 3-4 nights per month.
- As a result, people who work at Berger Health System have the luxury of residing in either a quieter suburban environment like Circleville, or a progressive urban environment in Columbus.
- Twenty-five percent of Berger's inpatient admissions come from six contiguous counties.
- 15-18 patient encounters.
- The hospital is fully integrated with the Meditech Electronic Medical Records and physician portal accessible anywhere through the world via the internet.
- The nationally recognized interactive science center ("Cosi") and the Columbus Zoo are family favorites that draw many visitors each year.
- And provides service response for codes, consultations, inpatient episodic medical care and ICU procedures.
- Skill in physician recruitment and retention practices.
- Together, they are responsible for the performance of the Cogent team and its specific goals.
- Other system entities include (1) Pickaway Health Services, a large mulitspecialty group practice, (2) Pickaway Professional Services, and anesthesia group, (3) Berger Medical Center, a 33,000 square foot ambulatory diagnostic and treatment center, located in northern Pickaway County, and (4) Berger Health Foundation, established to encourage philanthropy and paticipate in appropriate joint ventures for the system.
- Residents also enjoy the ease of access to the amenities of Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis.
- MD or DO degree.
- The hospital blends the friendly atmosphere of a small community hospital with most of the technological advantages of Berger's tertiary competitors in Columbus.
- Orientation and training of new physicians.
- The Hospitalist Team accepts inpatient referrals from local primary care physicians and Emergency Department unassigned patients.
- Cluster Block Scheduling.
- Bonus Opportunity.
- Competitive Compensation.
- 6 physician team.
- Circleville/Pickaway County shares the benefit of being part of the Columbus metropolitan area, population one million, the 15th largest Smsa in the United States.
- Open ICU.
- Berger Health System's service area is approximately 65,000.
- Demonstrated previous leadership and management skills.
- Essential Functions &.
- Opportunities for Advancement.
- Procedures required with support.
- Sports fans enjoy Ohio State University and professional athletics locally such as hockey, soccer and lacrosse.
- Define and manage work allocation and work flow policies and processes of program clinical and physician staff.
- Inpatient units include a 42-bed Medical/Surgical floor and 8-bed ICU, with plans to expand up to 17-beds.
- Relationship management with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital.
- Define and manage service agreements and scope of practice of direct admissions, perioperative and consultative care, ED consultations, ICU management.
- Medical Malpractice and Tail Coverage.
- Pickaway County is rapidly evolving into a suburb.
- Co-manages surgical and acute inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with staff hospitalists to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy development and other activities.
- Pickaway County has a population of 54,000.
- Abim or Aobim certification in Internal Medicine or Abfp certified in Family Medicine.
- The PMD position is critical to the success of our Hospitalist Team.
- Understanding of techniques in financial decision making.
- 94 bed community hospital, serving seven central Ohio counties.
- The PMD functions as the clinical leader of the program, sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent Program Manager (PM).
- Although not totally recession-proof, central Ohio benefits from a diverse economy that includes manufacturing, banking, insurance, research including Battelle, OSU, education and government - Columbus is the state capital.
- Experience in hospital medicine.
- Easy access is afforded to a number of outdoor amenities including lakes, rivers, and excellent park systems.
- 2 day physicians, 1 at night.
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program.
- Program Medical Director Opportunity: Berger Hospital, Circleville, OH.
- Performance Management of Cogent Hospitalists.
- License (or eligible) to practice in the respective state.
- Circleville and Berger Hospital are located 25 miles south of downtown Columbus via freeway.
- 401k with Company Match.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Nov 4.