Hospitalist Jobs in Ohio
Sunday · May 31, 2020
1 Job in The Buckeye State
Photo: A historic steamboat travels down the Ohio River near Cincinnati.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Circleville) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Essential Functions &.
- Work one block of nights roughly every 6 weeks or 3-4 nights per month.
- MD or DO degree.
- Define and manage service agreements and scope of practice of direct admissions, perioperative and consultative care, ED consultations, ICU management.
- Circleville/Pickaway County shares the benefit of being part of the Columbus metropolitan area, population one million, the 15th largest Smsa in the United States.
- 2 day physicians, 1 at night.
- Berger Hospital has approximately 4,000 inpatient admissions and 30,000 Emergency Room visits annually.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with staff hospitalists to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy development and other activities.
- Other system entities include (1) Pickaway Health Services, a large mulitspecialty group practice, (2) Pickaway Professional Services, and anesthesia group, (3) Berger Medical Center, a 33,000 square foot ambulatory diagnostic and treatment center, located in northern Pickaway County, and (4) Berger Health Foundation, established to encourage philanthropy and paticipate in appropriate joint ventures for the system.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Together, they are responsible for the performance of the Cogent team and its specific goals.
- The nationally recognized interactive science center ("Cosi") and the Columbus Zoo are family favorites that draw many visitors each year.
- 6 physician team.
- The PMD position is critical to the success of our Hospitalist Team.
- Cluster Block Scheduling.
- Berger Health System's service area is approximately 65,000.
- Define and manage work allocation and work flow policies and processes of program clinical and physician staff.
- Although not totally recession-proof, central Ohio benefits from a diverse economy that includes manufacturing, banking, insurance, research including Battelle, OSU, education and government - Columbus is the state capital.
- Stipend Available.
- Circleville and Berger Hospital are located 25 miles south of downtown Columbus via freeway.
- Procedures required with support.
- Relationship management with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital.
- Inpatient units include a 42-bed Medical/Surgical floor and 8-bed ICU, with plans to expand up to 17-beds.
- 15-18 patient encounters.
- Experience in hospital medicine.
- Enhanced Leadership Development and Training through Cogent Academy, our National Mentoring Program instructed by our widely recognized industry leaders.
- Pickaway County is rapidly evolving into a suburb.
- 94 bed community hospital, serving seven central Ohio counties.
- Orientation and training of new physicians.
- Residents also enjoy the ease of access to the amenities of Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis.
- As a result, people who work at Berger Health System have the luxury of residing in either a quieter suburban environment like Circleville, or a progressive urban environment in Columbus.
- Opportunities for Advancement.
- Program Medical Director Opportunity: Berger Hospital, Circleville, OH.
- License (or eligible) to practice in the respective state.
- The PMD functions as the clinical leader of the program, sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent Program Manager (PM).
- Understanding of techniques in financial decision making.
- The Hospitalist Team accepts inpatient referrals from local primary care physicians and Emergency Department unassigned patients.
- Serve in a partnership role with the Cogent Program Manager in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- 401k with Company Match.
- And provides service response for codes, consultations, inpatient episodic medical care and ICU procedures.
- Located 25 miles from downtown Columbus OH home of the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Berger Health Sstem is a countywide healthcare system of inpatinet and outpaitient services, anchored by 94-bed Berger Hospital, which serves seven central Ohio counties.
- Skill in physician recruitment and retention practices.
- Performance Management of Cogent Hospitalists.
- Medical Malpractice and Tail Coverage.
- Sports fans enjoy Ohio State University and professional athletics locally such as hockey, soccer and lacrosse.
- Co-manages surgical and acute inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- CME and Relocation Allowance.
- Abim or Aobim certification in Internal Medicine or Abfp certified in Family Medicine.
- Pickaway County has a population of 54,000.
- The hospital blends the friendly atmosphere of a small community hospital with most of the technological advantages of Berger's tertiary competitors in Columbus.
- Advocate for and support of all existing standardized Cogent processes, tools, services.
- Twenty-five percent of Berger's inpatient admissions come from six contiguous counties.
- Easy access is afforded to a number of outdoor amenities including lakes, rivers, and excellent park systems.
- Open ICU.
- Bonus Opportunity.
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program.
- Demonstrated previous leadership and management skills.
- The hospital is fully integrated with the Meditech Electronic Medical Records and physician portal accessible anywhere through the world via the internet.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Nov 4.