Hospitalist Jobs in Ohio
Wednesday · February 1, 2023
1 Job in The Buckeye State
Photo: A historic steamboat travels down the Ohio River near Cincinnati.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Circleville) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Bonus Opportunity.
- The PMD position is critical to the success of our Hospitalist Team.
- Berger Hospital has approximately 4,000 inpatient admissions and 30,000 Emergency Room visits annually.
- Understanding of techniques in financial decision making.
- Medical Malpractice and Tail Coverage.
- Twenty-five percent of Berger's inpatient admissions come from six contiguous counties.
- Essential Functions &.
- 94 bed community hospital, serving seven central Ohio counties.
- Located 25 miles from downtown Columbus OH home of the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Work one block of nights roughly every 6 weeks or 3-4 nights per month.
- Easy access is afforded to a number of outdoor amenities including lakes, rivers, and excellent park systems.
- The nationally recognized interactive science center ("Cosi") and the Columbus Zoo are family favorites that draw many visitors each year.
- Inpatient units include a 42-bed Medical/Surgical floor and 8-bed ICU, with plans to expand up to 17-beds.
- Circleville and Berger Hospital are located 25 miles south of downtown Columbus via freeway.
- Serve in a partnership role with the Cogent Program Manager in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Although not totally recession-proof, central Ohio benefits from a diverse economy that includes manufacturing, banking, insurance, research including Battelle, OSU, education and government - Columbus is the state capital.
- The hospital blends the friendly atmosphere of a small community hospital with most of the technological advantages of Berger's tertiary competitors in Columbus.
- As a result, people who work at Berger Health System have the luxury of residing in either a quieter suburban environment like Circleville, or a progressive urban environment in Columbus.
- Opportunities for Advancement.
- Define and manage work allocation and work flow policies and processes of program clinical and physician staff.
- Pickaway County has a population of 54,000.
- Pickaway County is rapidly evolving into a suburb.
- Advocate for and support of all existing standardized Cogent processes, tools, services.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program.
- Together, they are responsible for the performance of the Cogent team and its specific goals.
- 6 physician team.
- Define and manage service agreements and scope of practice of direct admissions, perioperative and consultative care, ED consultations, ICU management.
- Stipend Available.
- Berger Health Sstem is a countywide healthcare system of inpatinet and outpaitient services, anchored by 94-bed Berger Hospital, which serves seven central Ohio counties.
- Performance Management of Cogent Hospitalists.
- License (or eligible) to practice in the respective state.
- Relationship management with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital.
- CME and Relocation Allowance.
- Other system entities include (1) Pickaway Health Services, a large mulitspecialty group practice, (2) Pickaway Professional Services, and anesthesia group, (3) Berger Medical Center, a 33,000 square foot ambulatory diagnostic and treatment center, located in northern Pickaway County, and (4) Berger Health Foundation, established to encourage philanthropy and paticipate in appropriate joint ventures for the system.
- Berger Health System's service area is approximately 65,000.
- Circleville/Pickaway County shares the benefit of being part of the Columbus metropolitan area, population one million, the 15th largest Smsa in the United States.
- Sports fans enjoy Ohio State University and professional athletics locally such as hockey, soccer and lacrosse.
- Cluster Block Scheduling.
- Residents also enjoy the ease of access to the amenities of Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis.
- The Hospitalist Team accepts inpatient referrals from local primary care physicians and Emergency Department unassigned patients.
- Abim or Aobim certification in Internal Medicine or Abfp certified in Family Medicine.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with staff hospitalists to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy development and other activities.
- 15-18 patient encounters.
- Orientation and training of new physicians.
- Procedures required with support.
- The PMD functions as the clinical leader of the program, sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent Program Manager (PM).
- MD or DO degree.
- Co-manages surgical and acute inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- 2 day physicians, 1 at night.
- Skill in physician recruitment and retention practices.
- Open ICU.
- And provides service response for codes, consultations, inpatient episodic medical care and ICU procedures.
- Program Medical Director Opportunity: Berger Hospital, Circleville, OH.
- Experience in hospital medicine.
- The hospital is fully integrated with the Meditech Electronic Medical Records and physician portal accessible anywhere through the world via the internet.
- Demonstrated previous leadership and management skills.
- Enhanced Leadership Development and Training through Cogent Academy, our National Mentoring Program instructed by our widely recognized industry leaders.
- 401k with Company Match.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Nov 4.