Hospitalist Jobs in Ohio
Wednesday · January 27, 2021
1 Job in The Buckeye State
Photo: A historic steamboat travels down the Ohio River near Cincinnati.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Circleville) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Circleville and Berger Hospital are located 25 miles south of downtown Columbus via freeway.
- Relationship management with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital.
- Easy access is afforded to a number of outdoor amenities including lakes, rivers, and excellent park systems.
- Together, they are responsible for the performance of the Cogent team and its specific goals.
- MD or DO degree.
- Advocate for and support of all existing standardized Cogent processes, tools, services.
- As a result, people who work at Berger Health System have the luxury of residing in either a quieter suburban environment like Circleville, or a progressive urban environment in Columbus.
- Define and manage service agreements and scope of practice of direct admissions, perioperative and consultative care, ED consultations, ICU management.
- The Hospitalist Team accepts inpatient referrals from local primary care physicians and Emergency Department unassigned patients.
- The hospital is fully integrated with the Meditech Electronic Medical Records and physician portal accessible anywhere through the world via the internet.
- Opportunities for Advancement.
- Twenty-five percent of Berger's inpatient admissions come from six contiguous counties.
- Define and manage work allocation and work flow policies and processes of program clinical and physician staff.
- And provides service response for codes, consultations, inpatient episodic medical care and ICU procedures.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with staff hospitalists to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy development and other activities.
- Essential Functions &.
- Residents also enjoy the ease of access to the amenities of Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis.
- 401k with Company Match.
- The nationally recognized interactive science center ("Cosi") and the Columbus Zoo are family favorites that draw many visitors each year.
- Berger Health System's service area is approximately 65,000.
- Co-manages surgical and acute inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Orientation and training of new physicians.
- 94 bed community hospital, serving seven central Ohio counties.
- 15-18 patient encounters.
- Program Medical Director Opportunity: Berger Hospital, Circleville, OH.
- Pickaway County has a population of 54,000.
- Sports fans enjoy Ohio State University and professional athletics locally such as hockey, soccer and lacrosse.
- Berger Health Sstem is a countywide healthcare system of inpatinet and outpaitient services, anchored by 94-bed Berger Hospital, which serves seven central Ohio counties.
- Other system entities include (1) Pickaway Health Services, a large mulitspecialty group practice, (2) Pickaway Professional Services, and anesthesia group, (3) Berger Medical Center, a 33,000 square foot ambulatory diagnostic and treatment center, located in northern Pickaway County, and (4) Berger Health Foundation, established to encourage philanthropy and paticipate in appropriate joint ventures for the system.
- Open ICU.
- Inpatient units include a 42-bed Medical/Surgical floor and 8-bed ICU, with plans to expand up to 17-beds.
- 6 physician team.
- CME and Relocation Allowance.
- The hospital blends the friendly atmosphere of a small community hospital with most of the technological advantages of Berger's tertiary competitors in Columbus.
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program.
- Circleville/Pickaway County shares the benefit of being part of the Columbus metropolitan area, population one million, the 15th largest Smsa in the United States.
- Berger Hospital has approximately 4,000 inpatient admissions and 30,000 Emergency Room visits annually.
- The PMD functions as the clinical leader of the program, sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent Program Manager (PM).
- Experience in hospital medicine.
- Bonus Opportunity.
- The PMD position is critical to the success of our Hospitalist Team.
- License (or eligible) to practice in the respective state.
- Located 25 miles from downtown Columbus OH home of the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Understanding of techniques in financial decision making.
- Work one block of nights roughly every 6 weeks or 3-4 nights per month.
- Procedures required with support.
- Serve in a partnership role with the Cogent Program Manager in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Pickaway County is rapidly evolving into a suburb.
- 2 day physicians, 1 at night.
- Although not totally recession-proof, central Ohio benefits from a diverse economy that includes manufacturing, banking, insurance, research including Battelle, OSU, education and government - Columbus is the state capital.
- Skill in physician recruitment and retention practices.
- Stipend Available.
- Demonstrated previous leadership and management skills.
- Medical Malpractice and Tail Coverage.
- Abim or Aobim certification in Internal Medicine or Abfp certified in Family Medicine.
- Performance Management of Cogent Hospitalists.
- Enhanced Leadership Development and Training through Cogent Academy, our National Mentoring Program instructed by our widely recognized industry leaders.
- Cluster Block Scheduling.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Nov 4.