Hospitalist Jobs in Ohio
Saturday · July 11, 2020
1 Job in The Buckeye State
Photo: A historic steamboat travels down the Ohio River near Cincinnati.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Circleville) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Circleville/Pickaway County shares the benefit of being part of the Columbus metropolitan area, population one million, the 15th largest Smsa in the United States.
- Understanding of techniques in financial decision making.
- Pickaway County has a population of 54,000.
- Cluster Block Scheduling.
- 15-18 patient encounters.
- Program Medical Director Opportunity: Berger Hospital, Circleville, OH.
- Advocate for and support of all existing standardized Cogent processes, tools, services.
- The hospital blends the friendly atmosphere of a small community hospital with most of the technological advantages of Berger's tertiary competitors in Columbus.
- Stipend Available.
- And provides service response for codes, consultations, inpatient episodic medical care and ICU procedures.
- Procedures required with support.
- Residents also enjoy the ease of access to the amenities of Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis.
- Together, they are responsible for the performance of the Cogent team and its specific goals.
- Demonstrated previous leadership and management skills.
- Experience in hospital medicine.
- Co-manages surgical and acute inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- 6 physician team.
- Work one block of nights roughly every 6 weeks or 3-4 nights per month.
- 94 bed community hospital, serving seven central Ohio counties.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Although not totally recession-proof, central Ohio benefits from a diverse economy that includes manufacturing, banking, insurance, research including Battelle, OSU, education and government - Columbus is the state capital.
- The Hospitalist Team accepts inpatient referrals from local primary care physicians and Emergency Department unassigned patients.
- 401k with Company Match.
- Pickaway County is rapidly evolving into a suburb.
- Located 25 miles from downtown Columbus OH home of the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Relationship management with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with staff hospitalists to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy development and other activities.
- Essential Functions &.
- Opportunities for Advancement.
- Performance Management of Cogent Hospitalists.
- Define and manage work allocation and work flow policies and processes of program clinical and physician staff.
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program.
- Define and manage service agreements and scope of practice of direct admissions, perioperative and consultative care, ED consultations, ICU management.
- MD or DO degree.
- Enhanced Leadership Development and Training through Cogent Academy, our National Mentoring Program instructed by our widely recognized industry leaders.
- License (or eligible) to practice in the respective state.
- Twenty-five percent of Berger's inpatient admissions come from six contiguous counties.
- Serve in a partnership role with the Cogent Program Manager in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Sports fans enjoy Ohio State University and professional athletics locally such as hockey, soccer and lacrosse.
- Medical Malpractice and Tail Coverage.
- Inpatient units include a 42-bed Medical/Surgical floor and 8-bed ICU, with plans to expand up to 17-beds.
- Berger Health Sstem is a countywide healthcare system of inpatinet and outpaitient services, anchored by 94-bed Berger Hospital, which serves seven central Ohio counties.
- 2 day physicians, 1 at night.
- Orientation and training of new physicians.
- Skill in physician recruitment and retention practices.
- The PMD functions as the clinical leader of the program, sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent Program Manager (PM).
- The hospital is fully integrated with the Meditech Electronic Medical Records and physician portal accessible anywhere through the world via the internet.
- The nationally recognized interactive science center ("Cosi") and the Columbus Zoo are family favorites that draw many visitors each year.
- Berger Health System's service area is approximately 65,000.
- Other system entities include (1) Pickaway Health Services, a large mulitspecialty group practice, (2) Pickaway Professional Services, and anesthesia group, (3) Berger Medical Center, a 33,000 square foot ambulatory diagnostic and treatment center, located in northern Pickaway County, and (4) Berger Health Foundation, established to encourage philanthropy and paticipate in appropriate joint ventures for the system.
- Bonus Opportunity.
- Open ICU.
- Circleville and Berger Hospital are located 25 miles south of downtown Columbus via freeway.
- As a result, people who work at Berger Health System have the luxury of residing in either a quieter suburban environment like Circleville, or a progressive urban environment in Columbus.
- Easy access is afforded to a number of outdoor amenities including lakes, rivers, and excellent park systems.
- The PMD position is critical to the success of our Hospitalist Team.
- Abim or Aobim certification in Internal Medicine or Abfp certified in Family Medicine.
- Berger Hospital has approximately 4,000 inpatient admissions and 30,000 Emergency Room visits annually.
- CME and Relocation Allowance.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Nov 4.